Florida CRNA School-Adventist University of Health Sciences
Adventist University, Health Sciences
671 Winyah Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
Alescia Devasher Bethea, CRNA, PhD, Program Administrator
ph: (407) 303-9331
fax: (407) 303-9578
ADU CRNA School Info:
Students in the ADU Nurse Anesthesia Program will not only have a great education in the science of anesthesia but will also get to do it in a Christian environment. ADU’s program starts in January each year and last for 28 months. The program is front loaded with the first two semesters focused on didactic with the final semesters focused on clinical with 1 day of class a week.
Students in the Nurse Anesthesia program will have a great clinical experience and the opportunity to rotate through 9 different hospitals in the Florida Hospital system.
Length of Program:
- 28 months
- Submit an application online
- Non-refundable $100 application fee
- Submit a current, unrestricted RN license to practice as a professional registered nurse issued through one of the states of the United States, the applicant must be eligible for Florida registered nurse licensure.
- BSN or a BS in another appropriate related major
- Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- GPA inclusive of both undergraduate and graduate coursework, of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last 5 years.
- Complete a minimum of one year (within the last 3 years) critical care nursing
- Examples of critical care units may include but are not limited to: Surgical Intensive Care, Cardiothoracic Intensive Care, Coronary Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, and Neonatal Intensive Care. Those who have experiences in other areas may be considered, provided they can demonstrate competence with managing unstable patients, invasive monitoring, ventilators, and critical care pharmacology.
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Submit a current professional resume.
- Submit the completed ADU NAP MSNA Graduate Questionnaire form.
- Submit an essay outlining reasons for choosing to become a nurse anesthetist, for choosing to attend a faith-based institution, and for choosing Adventist University of Health Sciences, specifically.
- Provide three recommendations: One recommendation must be from a licensed CRNA that the applicant has shadowed.
- Graduate Recommendation Form
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency for applicants whose native/primary language is not English
- March 1st
Cost of Program:
- Total Program Cost: $76,092
Board Pass Rate:
6- year average, first time: 92.3%
Average Class GPA
- last years class 19%
- Successfully complete interview process
- Complete all the requirments put forth by the school
- Completete an application
- Send in all transcripts and required documents
- Get invited to a personal interview
Here is a short video about ADU’s Graduate program and some of the students who completed their studies (this is not a video just about the CRNA program)
*All information was taken directly from the ADU’s web page
*If there are any errors , please contact us so we can correct them