Connecticut CRNA Schools-Fairfield University Nurse Anesthesia Program
University Ct. and Bridgeport Hospital
Nurse Anesthesia Program
267 Grant Street
Bridgeport, CT 06610
Nancy A Moriber, PhD, CRNA, APRN, Program Director
ph: (203) 254-4000 ext, 3363
Bridgeport Hospital ph: (203) 384-3054
Fairfield University offers its DNP in conjunction with Bridgeport Hospital. This is a full-time program that is partially front loaded. The DNP program will prepare students not only to be excellent clinicians but also fantastic healthcare leaders at their respected jobs.
Length of Program:
- 36 months
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing , BSN from and accredited school in the USA.
- GPA of 3.0 and science GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must have completed 2 semesters of biology, 1 semester of chemistry, 1 semester of microbiology, and one semester of college math.
- Physics , strongly recommended.
- Active RN license , unrestricted . Connecticut RN license will be required upon admission.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience as a Registered Nurse in a critical care setting
- ER does not fulfill this criteria
- Critical care experience must be within 5 years of the application date.
- Current BLS, ACLS, & PALS certification
- The program only accepts certifications from the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross. .
- *GREs are no longer required.
Application Process for International Students
- Apply online
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Personal statement (uploaded online)
- 2 recommendation forms and letters to be completed online.
- Certified English translations and course-by-course evaluations from approved evaluators of all academic records.
- For US Visa requirements please see the Office of International Programs.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required if the student’s native language is not English.
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.
- Rolling Admissions
Cost of Program:
- $75,000 for instate and out of state.
Board Pass Rate:
- 5 year average for first time: 75%
- 5 year average for second time: 90%
- 6% over the past 5 years
- Completed application Apply online.
- Non-refundable $60 application fee (paid online)
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.
- 2 recommendations, including one from your current supervisor and one other from an individual who can assess your clinical expertise in an acute care setting.
- A three page, double-spaced personal statement stating your career goals and future contributions to the profession of nurse anesthesia
- A professional resume or CV
- Copy of current RN license; licensure to practice in the state of Connecticut will be required upon admission.
Here is a video of the amazing campus at Fairfield University
If you have any questions about the application process for Fairfield you can check out their application process on their website.
*All information was taken from Fairfield Univ. Webpage
If any information is not correct or you see any errors , please contact us so we can correct them