Florida CRNA School-Florida Gulf Coast
Gulf Coast University Florida
(Florida Gulf Coast University)
MSN Nurse Anesthetist Program
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, FL 33965
Rosann Spiegel, JD, DNAP, CRNA
Program Director, MSN Nurse Anesthesia Program
Phone: (239) 745-4298
Graduate Program Assistant – Nursing
Florida Gulf Coast CRNA School Info:
This CRNA School is a 28 month based program leading to a Master of Science in Nursing. (M.S.N.) degree with a major in Nurse Anesthesia. This is the only CRNA School ins SouthWest Florida to lead to MSN degree with emphasis in Anesthesia. There is a total of 9 locations where students will train and get a wide range of experience from these facilities and also the Nurse Anethethist who train them to excel. Students will received a high numbers of cases in cardiac, labor & delivery, pediatrics, neuro and trauma. Graduates of the FGCU CRNA school will become known as and regarded as highly qualified nurse anesthetist.
Length of Program:
- 28 months
- FGCU graduate application which satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Submit official academic transcripts
- Completion of a BSN from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- GRE taken within last 5 years with minimum combined score of 1000
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of undergraduate coursework with a grade of C or above:
- Statistics,Health assessment,2 chemistry courses, one with a laboratory component.
- Current and unrestricted RN license with eligibility for Florida RN license
- A minimum one year experience as a registered nurse in a critical care setting
- Submit a current resume and statement of career goals.
- 3 references, applicant’s supervisor, applicant’s academic faculty, a registered nurse, CRNA, or physician familiar with the applicant’s professional expertise.
- Be invited for an Interview by the CRNA School Admissions committee
- ACLS, BLS, and PALS are not required. They are required to have been completed before the student begins the program.
- Students must maintain current RN licensure, ACLS, BLS, and PALS while in CRNA School
- Complete level one and two background checks and drug and alcohol screening prior to formal admission to the program.
- May 15th
- Interviews will be held June and July for 2017 CRNA school admissions
- 2016: 15 graduates
- Average number 38
Cost of Program:
- In State: $30,244
- Out of State: $105,353
Board Pass Rate:
- First time: 87%
- Second time: 100%
- Potential Students must apply to Florida Gulf Coast
- Must successfully complete and turn in all required material by deadlines
- Get invited to an Admissions Interview
- Show proof of all licensures required
- For more information on Florida Gulf Coast CRNA School please visit their Webpage
Here is a short video about CRNA School at FGCU
*All information was taken directly from the FGCU CRNA School Webpage.
*If there are any errors , please contact us so we can correct them