Florida CRNA School-Florida International
Florida International University Miami
Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences
Modesto A. Maidique Campus – AHC 3, Rm 342
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199
Jeffrey Groom, PhD, CRNA, Director
ph: (239) 348-7747
fax: (305) 348-7823
Florida International CRNA School Info:
The FIU CRNA School is a clinical specialty track within the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs at the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences.The FIU Nurse Anesthesia program is a 7 semester program. After completing the program the graduates will be able to sit for boards and then fulfill their mission to become a Nurse Anesthetist ,CRNA.
- MSN & DNP
Length of Program:
- 36 months for DNP
- 28 months for MSN
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Official GRE scores.
- A current unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in Florida
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an RN in a critical care setting at the time of application
- Admission to the FIU Graduate School
- Admission to the NWCNHS Graduate Nursing program
- MSN-March 1st
- DNP- August 1st
Cost of Program:
- In State:$81,681.00
- Out of state: $136,832.00
Board Pass Rate:
- First time: 90%
- Second time: 100%
- Submit an application to NursingCAS The Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs
- Completion of an online FIU Graduate application
- Official Transcripts from ALL SCHOOLS attended (Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degrees)
- Official GRE score report (within the last 5 years) NOTE: There is no minimum GRE score recommended for this program
- Upload all required supplemental items including professional references, professional CV, active Florida RN License, and Personal Statement to NursingCAS.
- Professional Interview
- Following a review of all completed applications a select number of applicants will be offered the opportunity to participate in a panel interview.
- Interview candidates may be instructed to bring an additional set of official transcripts to their interview appointment.
Here is a quick little video made by FIU Students while in CRNA School
Florida International University, located in Miami, Florida is one of America’s most dynamic and fastest growing universities. Today FIU has more than 50,000 students, 900 full-time faculty, and 200,000 alumni around the world, making it the largest university in South Florida and placing it among the nation’s 25 largest colleges and universities.
*All information was taken directly from the FIU CRNA school Webpage.
*If there are any errors , please contact us so we can correct them