CRNA Schools-Florida State University
Florida State University
4750 Collegiate Drive
Panama City, Florida 32405
Scarlett Hinson, DNP, MSN, CRNA
Russell Gentry, DNAP, MSNA, MSN, CRNA
Associate Program Administrator
Florida State University CRNA School Info:
The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program will train qualified BSN prepared RNs in the science of anesthesia and guide them to practice as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. This is a newer program which started in 2015 and is fully accredited by the Council On Accreditation. FSU has taken all the steps necessary to make this one of the best CRNA programs in the country.In this program the students spend 4 days in class and 1 in clinical the first semester, 2 days of class and 3 days of clinical the second semester, in the following 3-7 semesters there will be more focus on clinical instruction at the affiliated clinical sites
The mission of the Florida State University Nurse Anesthesia Program (NAP) is advancement of the human sciences through a philosophy of passion infused scientific education, application of clinical education and practice for the betterment of citizens in the community both locally and nationally.
Length of Program:
- 28 months
- Download : FSU CRNA School Checklist
- BSN or a Health Related Science Bachelors (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, and Physics)
- For more info on degrees allowed visit Graduate Admission.
- Current , Valid, Unrestricted RN License within the United States
- Florida RN license must be obtained before admissions
- 1 year minimum full time work experience as a registered nurse in a critical care setting.
- (We would prefer 2 to 3 years experience )
- Critical care include but not limited to: Surgical Intensive Care, Cardiothoracic Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, and Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Current ACLS certification is required.
- PALS certification is preferred: required upon admission.
- 3 references: from a Physcian, A supervisor, and a CRNA
- The references must be on the FSU reference forms and mailed directly to the school.
- CCRN is encouraged
- If selected a personal interview on campus
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions must be submitted.
- GRE must be taken as well
- December 1st
Cost of Program:
Board Pass Rate:
- This program started in 2015 and does not have a graduating class at this time
- Application fee
- $30.00 (non-refundable)
- Payable to Florida State University
- Check the CRNA School Procedures Checklist
Here is a nice video about the FSU CRNA Program
*All information was taken directly from the FSU Nurse Anesthesia Program Webpage.
*If there are any errors , please contact us so we can correct them