Connecticut CRNA School- Nurse Anesthesia Program of Hartford
Hartford CRNA Program
99 East River Drive 5th Floor
East Hartford, CT 06108-3288
Joan Dobbins, CRNA, MS, APRN, Program Director
ph: (860) 904-0320
fax: (860) 289-0742
Hartford Anesthesiology Associates has a partnership with Central Connecticut State University.The Nurse Anesthesia Program is partially front-loaded with a full year of didactic courses at the university. The program was created in 2013 and plans to transition to a Doctorate degree (DNP) by 2017. The primary clinical location for clinical’s are at Hartford Hospital. This is one of the most affordable schools with a small class sizes so that each student can receive plenty of attention from the staff at an affordable price.
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences: Anesthesia
Length of Program:
- 29 months
- Current unrestricted license as a RN
- Minimum of one year of in a critical care
- Critical Care includes medical or surgical ICU, or other areas deemed appropriate by the Admissions Committee.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS) and CCRN certification is required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is highly recommended.
- One of the following degrees is required:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Baccalaureate Degree in another science that the Admissions Committee deems appropriate.
- The Following Science Classes with a 3.o or better: 2 semesters of chemistry: 1 semester inorganic/general and 1 semester organic/biochemistry,2 semesters of human anatomy and physiology,1 semester of microbiology
- Requirements for admission to the Graduate School at CCSU include a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- 3 professional reference letters 1 from a current supervisor.
- Interview with the Admissions Committee. Note: interviews are granted only to qualified applicants who meet or exceed the above pre-requisites.
- , GRE will be required for all applicants beginning in December 2015
- September 30th
- Varies-around 60
Cost of Program:
- In Stage:$16,883
- Out of State:$29,321
Board Pass Rate:
Two year average, first time: 83%
Last year: 0%
To find out more about the application process or to get any questions answered you can visit the Hartford Anesthesiology Associates page
*All information was taken directly for the schools website
If there are any errors please let us know so we can correct them