Arizona CRNA Schools-Midwestern University
Nurse Anesthesia Program
19555 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308-6813
Shari Burns, CRNA, Ed.D. – Program Director
ph: (623) 572-3760
fax: (623) 572-3227
There are some great things you need to consider when applying to CRNA School at Midwestern. The Program has 8 fully dedicated Doctorate prepared faculty, the program is a front loaded program, you will get experience at many different hospitals and many of them are CRNA only groups, High-Fidelity Simulation & Cadaver Laboratory, and students can get double the amount of required clinical cases. Not to mention that this program is in close proximity to Phoenix.
Length of Program:
- 27 months -Full Time
- Minimum cumulative (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Minimum science GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Courses included for calculation include anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, physics, and microbiology courses.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing, granted by a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- Completion (grades of C or better) of all prerequisite coursework prior to application
- Licensure to practice as a registered nurse: an unrestricted license
- Minimum of one year of critical care registered nursing experience prior to application.Critical care experience includes all types of Adult ICU, Pediatric ICU, Emergency Room, and PACU. Neonatal intensive care unit experience does not meet this requirement. Experience should include management of mechanical ventilation, invasive monitoring, and vasoactive medication infusions.
- Demonstration of sincere understanding of and interest in nurse anesthesia.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with faculty, patients, and colleagues.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- International applicants must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or from a recognized post secondary Canadian institution that uses English as its primary language of instruction and documentation. Of the 30 semester hours, 15 hours must be in the sciences, six hours in non-remedial English composition, and three hours in speech/public speaking.
- Applicants who wish to receive transfer credit for prerequisite coursework completed outside the US or at a Canadian institution that does not use English as its primary language of instruction or documentation must submit an official, detailed, course-by-course evaluation obtained from one of the following evaluation services:1. Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE): 414/289-3400 or Fax 414/289-3411 (www.ece.org , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )
2. Josef Silny & Associates International Education Consultants: 305/273-1616 or Fax 305/273-1338 or visit www.jsilny.com
3. World Education Service (WES): 212/966-6311 or Fax 212/739-6100 (www.wes.org, e-mail: email@example.com)
- International applicants who do not provide documentation of acceptable US or Canadian course/degree equivalency will not receive credit, and will be required to complete all prerequisite courses at an accredited college or university in the United States, or at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada that uses English as its primary language of instruction and documentation.For clarification about recognized post-secondary institutions in Canada that use English as a primary language of instruction and documentation, international applicants should contact the Midwestern University Office of Admissions.
- Admissions is on a rolling bases until the maximum amount of students is reached
- 3.53 (for the 2016 class)
Cost of Program:
- Based on 2015:
- *Approximate cost not including Fees
Board Pass Rate:
- First time: 92% (2006-2015)
- A completed online application.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $50.
- Official final transcripts from all colleges attended post high school must be submitted.
- Mail supporting documents to:
Office of Admissions
19555 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
888/247-9277 or 623/572-3215
If you want to find all crna schools listed by state then make sure you visit our list at:
For more information on visit their webpage
*All information on Midwestern University Nurse Anesthesia Program was taken directly from their website.
*If there are any errors please contact us and let us know