California CRNA Schools-National University Fresno Nurse Anesthesia Program
NU Fresno Campus
School of Health and Human Services
20 E River Park Place West
Fresno, CA 93720-1551
Ph: (559) 256-4900
Dr. Bryan Tune
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ph: (559) 256-4946
- The Nurse Anesthesia Program at National University gives its graduates a solid foundation of the science and clinical aspects of anesthesia.This program is a front loaded anesthesia program , which means the first have of school is totally dedicated to book work while the 2nd half is based in the hospital.
MSN or DNP
Length of Program:
- 27 months full time
- Successful admission to National University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited College or University or Bachelor of Science in a related physical science with licensure as a registered nurse.
- Active unrestricted/unencumbered license as a registered nurse with eligibility for licensure throughout all states in the United States.
- Cumulative (GPA) of 3.0 on all undergraduate courses or 3.0 on the last 60 units of undergraduate courses on a 4.0 scale
- Science GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Minimum of one full year of critical care experience in an intensive care unit within the past three years as a registered nurse. Trauma emergency department and other experiences will be considered on an individual basis.
- Operating room, OB, and PACU experience is not accepted as critical care experience.
- 3 evaluations/recommendations from: Current clinical supervisor , CRNA, Anesthesiologist or RN c. Academic faculty member familiar with your academic performance.
- Profesional certifications : CCRN, TNC, or CFRN.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification.
- Shadow experience in the OR with a CRNA or Anesthesiologist.
- Undergraduate Biochemistry course strongly recommended.
- Successful personal interview
- Background check and drug screening test.
- successful completion of the following undergraduate prerequisite courses:
- Pharmacology: 3 semester/4 quarter
- Anatomy with Lab: 4 semester/6 quarter
- Physiology: 4 semester/6 quarter
- General Chemistry: 3 semester/4 quarter
- Statistics: 3 semester/4 quarter
- Biochemistry is not required but strongly recommended; Basic Research (1 course); Statistics (1 course) Must complete with a grade of B or better
- Submit your online application, issued an Application Identification Number (Application ID#). be matched with an International Admissions Coordinator who will help you through the rest of the admissions process.
- When application has been received, your International Admissions Coordinator will populate your application with a list required documents to complete your admission to the University. Once this has been completed you will be required to login to the Application Portal and upload the documents listed as required
- Provide evidence of acceptable TOEFL scores, if requested by the University.
- July 31
Cost of Program:
Board Pass Rate:
- 1st time : 89%
Average Class GPA:
- Application to the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program is initiated by first applying to National University, then applying directly to the nurse anesthesia program via the supplemental nurse anesthesia application. The supplemental application will be submitted directly to the nurse anesthesia program office at the address listed on the application.
- Applicants who meet the screening criteria MAY be invited for a personal interview with program staff and local clinicians.
- Admission offers to the Nurse Anesthesia program will be given via letter, telephone, or email shortly after all interviews have been completed.
- All applicants to the program will be notified of their status for acceptance
Here is a Short Video About the National University Nursing Program:
If you want to find all crna schools listed by state then make sure you visit our list at:
*All information on This Nurse Anesthesia Program was taken directly from their website.
*If there are any errors please contact us and let us know