California CRNA Schools-Samuel Merrit Nurse Anesthesia Program
Nurse Anesthetist Program
School of Nursing – Providence Pavilion
3100 Summit Street, 3rd Floor
Oakland, CA 94609
Dr. Marc Code, DNP, CRNA, Program Director
Shawna Holbrook, admissions
Samuel Merritt Nurse Anethethist Program was Established in 1993. The university has a state of theart Health Sciences Simulation Center. With the outstanding staff, fantastic clinical rotations and the in depth educational resources, Samuel Merrits continues to be one of the best CRNA schools in the country
Length of Program:
- 2 years
- BSN from a nationally accredited program
- Current unencumbered RN license.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Minimum of 1 year ICU/Critical Care experience within the last five years, required at the time of interview; 2-3 years is preferred.
- Critical care includes: surgical intensive care (including trauma, post-cardiovascular surgery and neurosurgical specialty units), medical intensive care units, and pediatric and neonatal intensive care units.
- GPA of 3.0
- GRE minimum cumulative score of 290. Please be advised that the scores need to be available at the time of application. GRE scores must be taken within five years of the application. Older scaled GRE scores will not be accepted.
- Current ACLS and PALS
- CCRN strongly recommended.
- 1-2 day clinical shadowing experience with a CRNA is required.
- A written goal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Prerequisite Courses: Chemistry : should include, inorganic and organic or biochemistry content (required), Statistics, Physics
- TOEFL (U.S. citizens or international students) – The need for TOEFL will be assessed based on information provided by applicants on the application for admission, if required, a score of 250 (or 100 for internet-based exam) must be achieved and official score results must be provided.
- For those with a international degree: transcripts need to be evaluated for a United States baccalaureate equivalency also known as a course-by-course evaluation/comprehensive evaluation. We require that the services used be accredited by NACES.
- November 1st
Cost of Program:
- 2015: $96,507
Board Pass Rate:
- 2015 First time: 100%
- 2011-2015: 94.4%
Average Class GPA:
- 5-year: 8.75%
- Apply to Samuel Merritt University
- Apply to the Nurse Anesthesia Program by November 1st
- January: Interview invitations sent out
- February: Interviews and Admission decisions
Here is a Short video about Samuel Merritt University
If you want to find all crna schools listed by state then make sure you visit our list at:
*All information was taken directly from the Samuel Merritt University Webpage
*if you notice any mistakes or errors , please contact us and let us know